one good deed a day
an ongoing journal of a few good deeds throughout this year
Okay… for those of you keeping track, you caught me. There may just be a two week gap in my numbers, but really… who's counting? Fostering "chicken little" has kept us busy, busy. She is only 14 months old, so her energy is go-go-go!! Well let's just say, she makes me run (and walk) quite a bit faster… Now even though I may have a small time gap in my good deeds, doesn't mean I didn't still practice doing them. I said hi to strangers, opened doors for others, waved at people in traffic (while trying to set aside road rage… yes, it can be a struggle), donated my time, shopped local, played outside, practiced patience… well, you get the idea. Alrighty then, here we go- more suggestions from my journal: One Good Deed a Day!
65. mar 20. when you are inspired to say something nice, say it. » We went to my Dad's to celebrate Norouz, which is the Persian New Year, along with his birthday. His wife, and my dear friend, went all out. Everything looked beautiful! She made a variety of yummie treats from scratch, which she spent all day making, for her first time ever! It was really wonderful to have the family together, and I am so grateful she has come into our lives.
66. mar 21. recycle » I'm really jealous that we STILL do not have curbside recycling yet… but we will continue to do our part, sort it all out, and take it to the next town over. You should too.
67. mar 22. plant a
68. mar 23. thank someone for something you usually take for granted » We are incredibly lucky to have so much family nearby (and handy too!)… Over the weekend, our sprinkler system decided to EXPLODE. Seriously what a gross mess. Family came to the rescue, helping us get the situation under control, allowing my hubby to focus on finding a solution. Family also made us dinner after taking advantage of their showers. We often expect family to just step up in our time of need, but it's really important to take the time & actually thank them for getting us out of crisis mode or lending a helping hand.
69. mar 24. bless your interruptions as an opportunity to take a deep breath and smile » the girls (and more recently, their brothers too) come to play with "chicken little" quite often. It is never planned, and at random times throughout the day… but their visits never cease to bring a huge smile to my face.
70. mar 25. establish an emergency plan with your family or friends » It's tornado season people. Stay safe and more importantly, have a plan (that includes your furry loved ones)!!