one good deed a day
an ongoing journal of a few good deeds throughout this year
51. feb 20. donate to a charity that benefits animals or children » I have been doing this to help raise money for Wonder Weims Rescue for the past several years now. They host an annual auction, and I am happy to help by donating weimie artwork of my Gracie girl… This year I decided to donate something a little different which will end up being a custom piece for the winner. You may remember the many terms of endearment I have for Grace, and now another lucky person will have personalized artwork with all their baby's nicknames to hang on their wall as well.
52. feb 21.
53. feb 22. take out the garbage, without being asked » The hubby and I are usually pretty good at helping each other out, or not having too many gender assumed roles in our household. (He usually cooks, and is damn good at it I might add!) But when it comes to the garbage, he is generally on top of it, and has it out to the curb before I can even ask. Every now and then I like to return the favor, and today happened to be one of those days.
54. feb 23. get a library card » Okay, so I actually have had a library card pretty much since we moved back to the states. And last year I discovered an app for my iPad/Kindle that lets you check out books from your local library (with said library card). And even though I still prefer the feel of a good book in my hands… well this has been a wonderful little discovery! I've read more than I have in ages… and it's a lot lighter to throw an iPad in your bag than 3 or 4 books, so that works!
55. feb 24. spell-check and proofread before you send » seriously people.
56. feb 25. listen to a solicitor's whole pitch (even if you're planning to say no) » I know this one is hard. I used to always give common courtesy until I felt a few people weren't "soliciting" with good intentions… some we even later found out to be scams. But I am trying to put my faith in others that they are doing this for the right reasons. And if nothing else, maybe they need the money more than I do.
Sharing an image from last summer's float trip… although somehow I feel this better reflects the cold winter weather Oklahoma has been experiencing lately. Stay warm friends.