one good deed a day
an ongoing journal of a few good deeds throughout this year
37. feb 6. deliver something small and sweet to
38. feb 7. pick up the tab » Have gift cards just sitting there, collecting dust, waiting to be used? How about sharing the meal with your family or friends, and treating them to a night out…
39. feb 8. get some exercise » Running has always been my go-to when I'm feeling overwhelmed, or when I just need to work things out in my head. It's been almost a month since I've had a workout of any kind, so I took today as a kinda first step in getting back out there.
40. feb 9. take your neighbor's trash bins in off the curb » I can do that.
41. feb 10. tell someone she is appreciated » some people are just a breath of fresh air… maybe it's because they have life experiences which give them a unique perspective, or maybe they just prefer joy & positivity. Either way- tell them. It could make their day, just like their kindness made yours…
42. feb 11. stop and look around » At the gym today, I was feeling a bit frustrated waiting on a machine hog. I like to keep my heart rate up and complete circuits quickly, you see. But if I hadn't decided to stand there, and wait, well then I wouldn't have seen this very important message someone took the time to share on the chalk wall: When I was 5 years old, my mother always told me that happiness was the key to life. When I went to school, they asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up. I wrote down "happy." They told me I didn't understand the assignment, and I told them they didn't understand life.