one good deed a day
an ongoing journal of a few good deeds throughout this year
100. apr 24. stop and pet a dog and say hello to the owner » I keep running into a couple on our walks that also has a pretty new rescue pup. The were struggling with her at first, she has a bit of a protection/aggression issue, but I love seeing how much they've worked with her and just how far she's come!
101. apr 25. offer your
102. apr 26. make signs for the trash, recycling, and compost so it's clear what goes where » Calling all label maker lovers everywhere!!
103. apr 27. donate a little bit of money to aid disaster-relief work somewhere in the world » You may remember me boasting about my cousin's upcoming climb on Mt. Everest. Well the Nepal Earthquake pretty much gave our entire family a heart attack, because it occurred during her ascension! She is safe, thank goodness. So this good deed seemed to peek out of the book right when help was needed. I hope you'll consider making a donation as well.
104. apr 28. don't eat meat today » pretty excited to have discovered the sofritas at Chipotle (and loving that their menu is now GMO free). Well let's just say everyone that tried mine, had no idea it wasn't meat!! Bet you can't tell what it really is!
105. apr 29. learn how to say "thank-you" in other languages so you can thank people in their native tongues » I've always appreciated when someone can't speak our language, but I can see that they are trying… It may not be easy, but it shows respect. Of course I do my best to return the favor when I am speaking to someone knowing that English isn't their first language. It is so funny to see how tickled they get just to hear me say a few of their words! -Danke, Merci, Gracias, Kheili Mamnoon!! Any idea which language the last one is??