one good deed a day
an ongoing journal of a few good deeds throughout this year
72. mar 27. leave a nice comment on your friend's blog, facebook wall, or twitter feed » My cousin is climbing Everest. You heard me. Mt. EVEREST. It will be a two month journey, you can follow here. I am so proud of her drive, determination, and overall dedication. Her goal is to raise awareness, to empower Nepali girls, and to put a stop to human trafficking. Please, if this is near & dear to your heart, considering donating.
73. mar 28. find two days this year when you can donate your time » Okay folks, this one will make your heart happy. First find something you are passionate about and then go help! For me… well I love animals (I'm guessing no one knew this, yes? wink wink). While volunteering with Heartland Weimaraner Rescue, I am able to do exactly what I enjoy (helping weimies, anything graphic or computer related, designing stuff, and the list goes on…). So figure out what your skills are & find a group… I promise it won't actually feel like work & sharing the load helps everybody!
74. mar 29. add a few plants to your
I usually use these cuties as a perimeter border around my front planter bed.
75. mar 30. choose a glass of water instead of another coffee » not always easy… I know.
76. mar 31. take your
77. apr 1. start a composting program at your building, school, or home » Really happy we finally started composting last year, and that my hubby is completely on board. We just used our first batch of our own compost this past weekend when planting this year's garden! It will be really gratifying knowing that this year's harvest will have been fertilized from last year's "waste." But you shouldn't compost everything… Here's a guide we found useful: what you can and cannot compost.